According to Albert Mehrabian, the total impact of a message is based only 7% on the words used. More importantly are facial expressions and other forms of body language, responsible for 55% of the total impact, and tone of voice, responsible for 38%. Read below to know more about body language.
Here's 8 tricks to reading people's body language on a daily basis:
1. Crossing arms and legs = resistance to your ideas
2. Wrinkling eyes = smiles for real
3. Copying your moves = feels a bond, agrees with you
4. Standing straight, shoulders back = power position that supposes he/she is the person in charge
5. Unblinking and still eyes = suggests the person is lying to you
6. Raising eyebrows = emotions of surprise, worry or fear
7. Nodding excessively = anxious about your approval
8. Clenching jaws = signals stress or discomfort
The bottom line is, if you can't seem to read a colleague, a sibling, a friend, their body language says a lot more about what they think of you.
Last modified on
Please login first in order for you to submit comments