Join Program .. The Department of Information Technology aims to qualify graduates who will be able to play significant roles in the provision of information in a business environment by the development of effective computer-based systems.
The educational aim is to provide an integrated, coherent, and practically based education in the theory, methods, tools and techniques of such information system provision.
The department hosts two programs; Bachelor in Information Technology and Diploma in Information Technology. Both programs aim at developing the required understanding of the underlying concepts, foundations and theory of computer-based and distributed information systems. The programs also provide opportunities for students to consolidate the knowledge and skills they have learnt by employing them in real-life situations when undertaking an internship or work-based project.
Graduates from the Bachelor in IT program will be qualified to work as:
- Business Intelligence Consultants
- Business systems analyst
- Database analyst/developer/administrator
- Systems development manager
- Web/ e-commerce systems developer/manager
- IT project manager
- Computer and information security specialist/manager
- Network administrator/manager
While graduates from the Diploma in IT program will be qualified to work as:
- A member or leader of a software development team, working on projects analyzing clients’ requirements, designing, and implementing suitable solutions using state-of-the-art industry-standard development tools.
- A member or leader of a network support and development team that has responsibility for supporting users on a company’s data network and the infrastructure of that network, keeping it up to date with current developments and ensuring appropriate access and security for all users.
- A member or leader of an information system team that analyses business requirements for information systems and designs IT-based solutions using databases or other application systems to provide the required data in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- A member or leader of IT industry capable of handling administrative or technical jobs like; IT help desk assistant , IT trainer, or Technical assistant.