Position: Head of Media and Mass Communication Department.
Khawarizmi International College (KIC) is currently seeking a Head of Media and Mass Communication for its University College in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, UAE. (Arabic Speaker)
Reporting to: Dean of Academic Affairs.
A qualified candidate will have a PhD in Media from an accredited university and a minimum of 10 years teaching experience. He / She enjoys having good classroom leadership along with excellent communication, presentation, supervisory and teaching skills; moreover, has the ability to demonstrate Arabic language fluency and showcase good command of English in order to connect and reach out to mass audience.
Note: The program medium of instruction is delivered in Arabic Language.
To effectively manage the Media and Mass Communication undergraduate department and make sure that the program(s) aims and objectives are being met, the students are motivated to learn in a friendly and conducive environment and utilize the College resources to the optimum.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years teaching experience.
- A portfolio of research/scholarship including articles in refereed journals of international repute, books, conference papers, book chapters, citation and impact analysis, research grants, awards, honors and other recognition.
- Evidence of graduate/undergraduate thesis supervision
- Experience of leadership and management in academic policy, planning and development, accreditation, and academic administration.
- An internationally recognized professional credential with proven industrial experience in the same field is preferred;
- Problem solving.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to lead.
- Academic research.
- Report writing.
- Fluency in the Arabic language.
- Good command of English Language.
Job Type: Full Time Contract.
Expected Joining Date: Immediately.