Position: Head of Islamic Banking and Finance Department.
Khawarizmi International College (KIC) is currently seeking a Head of Islamic Banking and Finance for its University College in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, UAE.
Reporting to: Dean of Academic Affairs.
A qualified candidate will have a PhD in Islamic Banking from an accredited university and a minimum of 10 years teaching experience. He / She enjoys having good classroom leadership along with excellent communication, presentation, supervisory and teaching skills; moreover, has the ability to demonstrate English language fluency in order to connect and reach out to mass audience (Capacity to interact in Arabic is a plus).
To effectively manage the Islamic Banking and Finance undergraduate department and make sure that the program(s) aims and objectives are being met, the students are motivated to learn in a friendly and conducive environment and utilize the College resources to the optimum.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years teaching experience.
- A portfolio of research/scholarship including articles in refereed journals of international repute, books, conference papers, book chapters, citation and impact analysis, research grants, awards, honors and other recognition.
- Evidence of graduate/undergraduate thesis supervision
- Experience of leadership and management in academic policy, planning and development, accreditation, and academic administration.
- An internationally recognized professional credential (such as certification in CPA, CFA, CIMA, CMA, ACCA etc.) with proven industrial experience in the same field is preferred;
- Problem solving.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to lead.
- Academic research.
- Report writing.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Arabic is a bonus.
Job Type: Full Time Contract.
Expected Joining Date: Immediately.