Position: Senior Librarian.
Khawarizmi International College (KIC) is currently seeking a senior librarian for its University College in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, UAE.
Reporting to: Chief Librarian.
A qualified candidate will have a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an accredited university and a minimum of 3 years working experience in the educational industry. He / She enjoys helping people, and using computerized systems along with excellent communication, customer service and researching skills in databases and printed resources; moreover, has the ability to demonstrate English language fluency in order to connect and reach out to mass audience (Interaction in Arabic is a plus).
- Develop a system to procure effective print and electronic resources in the areas focused by the college. To this direction, develop a collection development policy which includes procurement and maintenance of library resources – books, periodicals, electronic resources, etc.
- Maintain constant contact with publishers, vendors and other institutions to identify resources for procuring.
- Constantly meet with the academic and non-academic staff including students to elicit current subject interests and the project areas they are involved in.
- Constantly update the bibliographic database with new titles.
- Identify less used resources and withdraw from the collection.
- Direct and Supervise the Assistant Librarian.
- Identify skills of the staff and recommend Training programs to enhance skills and efficiency.
- Implement Collection Development policy
- Implement Circulation policy.
- Build a list of leading publishers both print and electronic
- Supervise and evaluate the work of the Assistant Librarian.
- Provide inputs for forecasting budget requirements.
- Arrange for periodic inventory and weeding of the collection
- Endorse payments of all purchases made in the library for all sections.
- Conduct weekly meetings to check on progress and delegate work.
- Provide statistical reports periodically and also on ad hoc requests.
- To utilize the College resources to the optimum.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years working experience in the educational industry.
- A master’s degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited universities is an advantage.
- Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work.
- Professional commitment and experience in computerization of library.
- An internationally recognized professional credential with proven industrial experience in the same field is preferred;
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Analytical skills.
- IT skills.
- Report writing.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Arabic is a bonus.
Job Type: Full Time Contract.
Expected Joining Date: Immediately.