Responsible For: (Subordinates) Retention Manager, Career Services Manager, Student Life Manager, Alumni Affairs Manager
Purpose of the Job
The VP of Student services is a senior official within the College, providing leadership and guidance to the college’s retention, career services, student life, and alumni affairs units and is accountable for achieving or overachieving all unit objectives as well as retention and placement KPIs. The VPSS is responsible for the success of all units under Student Services and high level contributions to the Senior Leadership Team, while ensuring effective management and regulatory compliance of all SE units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision, leadership, mentorship, and management for the retention, student life, career services, and alumni affairs unit managers and personnel.
- Guide unit managers under Student Services in setting objectives and strategies in line with the College’s Vision and Mission to ensure achievement of all objectives and KPIs related to Student Services.
- Ensure that retention and placement strategies are coherently developed and implemented effectively across the units, with clear performance targets, run rates, and accurate forecasting.
- Ensure that students enjoy an engaging and rewarding student life experience.
- Ensure that students receive high quality services.
- Ensure that alumni enjoy strong relationships with the college and that both alumni and the college realize benefits from the relationship.
- Prepare and guide preparation of budget plans for the division taking market trends forecasts and approved department strategies and ensure compliance with approved budgets.
- Understand campus and industry trends and develop business strategies and tactics to respond to market changes.
- Ensure and maintain full compliance with all accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Influence effective, high level coordination and collaboration within the division and with other departments and personnel as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication lines with department heads, program chairs and other stakeholders ensure that operations of your units are running successfully.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of promotional materials, exhibits, and promotional campaigns for retention and placement.
- Analyze and/or ensure effective analysis of opportunities with alumni relative to enrolment, placement, employee recruitment, and program advisory roles.
- Actively participate with high level contributions to the SLT.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Recognize and value the benefits of the diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
- Develop and execute strategies that are intended to create and uphold a positive image for the College’s target audience, among both students and alumni.
- Ensure effective management of customer services.
- Ensures all operations and decision making are held with high integrity and in line with ethical practices, state laws and the College’s policies.
An earned Master’s Degree preferably in Student Affairs or related field.
A minimum of seven years of professional experience in operations in higher education/ educational institutions with at least four years’ experience in a senior management position in Student Affairs/Services.
Competencies and attributes:
- Strong leadership skills in dynamic environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and to deploy a proactive approach
- Ability to apply a systematic approach in managing the department.
- Team Player/collegial.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Very good negation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.
- High integrity and ethics.
- Strong interpersonal intelligence and self-awareness.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity/appreciation for diversity.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring enrollment goals and revenue expectations. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, forecasting and successful public relations efforts.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• This job requires travelling to business meetings and events within the UAE and occasionally requires travelling for international assignments.
• Requires a valid UAE Driving License.
• Demonstrate high energy level, creativity, and intellectual breadth, with the ability to lead, inspire, and manage a team with those characteristics. Possess a consultative leadership style and a keen sense urgency in dealing within a matrix organization. Use forward-thinking and creative approaches to exploiting evolving technologies in support of marketing and communications strategies