KIC has always been active in research compared to other similar institutions in the country. With its relatively small number of faculty, KIC has been a pioneer in encouraging faculty members to excel in research, by providing them with the right environment in terms of funding and time allowance. This encourages faculty members to publish their research results and findings in peer-reviewed, international journals and/or actively participate in local, regional, and international conferences. In addition, KIC has been actively involved in organizing and sponsoring both internal and external conferences. This includes:
- The International Association of Scholarly Publishers (November 25-28 2016)
- Forum in Health and Medical Sciences (Saturday 26/11/2016 23/11)
- Organizing the Applied Research Strategies Seminar.
- Co-organizing with BCS the 2nd BCS International IT Conference 2014, in Abu Dhabi.
- Sponsoring and organizing the DeSE 2013; the 6th International Conference of Developments of eSystems Engineering
- Organizing the first KIC internal conference in 2012 in Abu Dhabi.
- An organizer of the DeSE 2011; the 4th International Conference of Developments of eSystems Engineering in Dubai