Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Adjunct Professor in Arabic Language Literature – Mass Communication Department”. The position reports to the Head of Mass Communication (MC) and joining date will be from Winter Semester of the Academic year 21/22. Joining date will be on 03 January 2022.
The Adjunct Professor in Arabic Language Literature – Mass Communication (MC) will be responsible for teaching Arabic Language Literature courses assigned by the Head of MC Department, providing academic counseling to students, participating in departmental committee work, enhancing the learning environment through assessments, instructions, applied research, scholarly activities and services that are consistent to the mission of the College.
- Develop plans for the subjects that will be taught and select appropriate books.
- Teach the courses, organize exams, enter and review student grades.
- Improve teaching and exam methods and promote new ways of teaching.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate course portfolio.
- Supervise thesis, student research, scientific reports, and social activities.
- Help in developing knowledge and participate in research activities.
- Participate in councils and committees; and any activities that promote and improve the College.
- Adhere to the academic duties, and work on implementing bylaws and regulations of the College.
- Engage with the community as per the College rules and regulations.
- Cooperate fully with the Head of the Department in providing advice and proposals in all matters that will serve the best interests of the College, the students and the community.
- Provide students with academic counseling, and constantly monitor their study plans and adhere to office hours.
- Participate in staff development / programs and workshops.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Pedagogical expertise (theory of practice for teaching and assessment)
- Proficiency with internet-based technologies and teaching tools (e.g. Blackboard and other virtual platforms and software) is a must
- Ability to design and deliver effective e-learning courses
- Strong knowledge in the field of Quality Assurance
- Strong research background
- Ability to engage constructively with diverse students and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex, competing demands
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to learn, change, and develop new skills and seek advice from a variety of sources
- Adequate knowledge of Professional Standards and Certification bodies within the field.
- PhD in Arabic language literature or a closely related field from an internationally recognized University.
- Professional experience reflecting strong commitments to teaching and research.
- Strong exposure to teaching Modern Arabic literature.
- The Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience at the Assistant Professor rank or Associate Professor appointment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with university-level teaching backgrounds in Arabic for academic purposes, Arabic for specific academic purposes, Arabic language education, content and language integrated learning.
- Candidates should have a record of publications and a significant research agenda in evidence.
- Candidates must be qualified and experienced in teaching at graduate levels.
- Particular consideration will be given to faculty who have experience in international or bilingual environments.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to email@example.com