- Job Title : Assistant/Associate Professor – Information Technology
- Department : Information Technology
- Reporting to : Head of Information Technology Department
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Joining Date : Spring 20/21
- Campus : KIC (Abu Dhabi/Al Ain)
1. Develop plans for the subjects that will be taught and select appropriate books.
2. Teach the courses, organize exams, enter and review student grades.
3. Improve teaching and exam methods and promote new ways of teaching.
4. Supervise thesis, student research, scientific reports and social activities.
5. Provide academic guidance to students and serve as an academic advisor for them.
6. Conduct and publish innovative research and studies.
7. Help in developing knowledge and participate in research activities.
8. Participate in councils and committees; local, regional and international conferences; and any activities that promote and improve the College.
9. Adhere to the research and academic duties, and work on implementing bylaws and regulations of the College.
10. Devote time to performing scientific duties in the College, strive to promote the College mission and maintain a decent status in the fields of research, teaching and management.
11. Engage with the community as per the College rules and regulations.
12. Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
13. Cooperate fully with the Head of the Department and the Dean in providing advice and proposals in all matters that will serve the best interests of the College, the students and the community.
14. Provide students with academic advising during the registration period, constantly monitor their study plans and adhere to office hours.
15. Maintains an up to date and accurate course portfolio.
16. Participate in staff development / programs and workshops.
Qualifications & Experience:
● PhD in Information Technology.
● Good experience in the field of network security, information security, networking, project management.
● Good working experience at a university level, including experience within committees.
● Established record of publications in high quality journals.
● Evidence of course development and excellence in teaching across a variety of IT courses is essential.
● Good experience in delivering e-learning and online assessment.
● Pedagogical expertise (theory of practice for teaching and assessment)
● Proficiency with internet-based technologies and teaching tools (e.g. Blackboard and other virtual platforms and software) is a must.
● Ability to design and deliver effective e-learning courses.
● Ability to engage constructively with diverse students and colleagues
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
● Ability to manage complex, competing demands
● Effective presentation skills, both theoretical and practical
● Ability to function as a team player within a multicultural work environment
● Demonstrate patience, particularly when dealing with difficult classroom situations.
● Ability to learn, change, and develop new skills and seek advice from a variety of sources
● Able to exercise judgement and take risks
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to email@example.com
CV Submission deadline: 20-December-2020