Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Assistant Professor in Information Technology”. The position reports to the Head of Information Technology (IT), and joining date will be from Fall Semester of the coming Academic year 21/22. Joining date will be on 26th August 2021.
The Assistant Professor in Information Technology (IT) will be responsible for teaching Information Technology courses assigned by the Head of IT Department, providing academic advising and counseling to students, participating in departmental committee work, enhancing the learning environment through assessments, instructions, applied research, scholarly activities and services that are consistent to the mission of the College.
- Develop plans for the subjects that will be taught and select appropriate books.
- Teach the courses, organize exams, enter and review student grades.
- Improve teaching and exam methods and promote new ways of teaching.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate course portfolio.
- Supervise thesis, student research, scientific reports and social activities.
- Provide academic guidance to students and serve as an academic advisor for them.
- Conduct and publish innovative research and studies.
- Help in developing knowledge and participate in research activities.
- Participate in councils and committees; local, regional and international conferences; and any activities that promote and improve the College.
- Adhere to the research and academic duties, and work on implementing bylaws and regulations of the College.
- Devote time to performing scientific duties in the College, strive to promote the College mission and maintain a decent status in the fields of research, teaching and management.
- Engage with the community as per the College rules and regulations.
- Cooperate fully with the Head of the Department in providing advice and proposals in all matters that will serve the best interests of the College, the students and the community.
- Provide students with academic advising during the registration period, constantly monitor their study plans and adhere to office hours.
- Participate in staff development / programs and workshops.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Pedagogical expertise (theory of practice for teaching and assessment)
- Proficiency with internet-based technologies and teaching tools (e.g. Blackboard and other virtual platforms and software) is a must.
- Ability to design and deliver effective e-learning courses
- Strong knowledge in the field of Quality management, IT project management, Security of computer, network, and information.
- Ability to engage constructively with diverse students and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex, competing demands
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to learn, change, and develop new skills and seek advice from a variety of sources
- Able to exercise judgment and take risks
- Adequate knowledge of Professional Standards and Certification bodies within the field.
- PhD in Computer Science from an internationally recognized University.
- Minimum 3 Years of working experience at a university level post terminal degree.
- Should have good knowledge in the field of Quality management and IT project management ,
- Should have strong knowledge in Security of computer, network, and information.
- Experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international standards.
- Should have strong research background.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org