Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Assistant Professor in Respiratory Care”. The position reports to the Head of Health & Medical Sciences (HMS), and joining date will be from Fall Semester of the coming Academic year 21/22. Joining date will be on 26th August 2021.
The Assistant Professor in Respiratory Care (RC) will be responsible for teaching RC courses effectively and HMS courses assigned by the Head of HMS Department, providing academic advising and counseling to students, participating in departmental committee work, enhancing the learning environment through assessments, instructions, applied research, scholarly activities and services that are consistent to the mission of the College.
- Teach the courses, organize exams, enter and review student grades.
- Develop plans for the subjects that will be taught and select appropriate books.
- Improve teaching and exam methods and promote new ways of teaching.
- Supervise thesis, student research, scientific reports and social activities.
- Provide academic guidance to students and serve as an academic advisor for them.
- Conduct and publish innovative research and studies.
- Deliver training in the CME unit related to RC, and maintain quality assurance of the content delivery.
- Help in developing knowledge and participate in research activities.
- Participate in councils and committees; local, regional and international conferences; and any activities that promote and improve the College.
- Adhere to the research and academic duties, and work on implementing bylaws and regulations of the College.
- Devote time to performing scientific duties in the College, strive to promote the College mission and maintain a decent status in the fields of research, teaching and management.
- Engage with the community as per the College rules and regulations.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
- Cooperate fully with the Head of the Department and the Dean in providing advice and proposals in all matters that will serve the best interests of the College, the students and the community.
- Provide students with academic advising during the registration period, constantly monitor their study plans and adhere to office hours.
- Maintains an up to date and accurate course portfolio.
- Participate in staff development / programs and workshops.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Pedagogical expertise (theory of practice for teaching and assessment)
- Proficiency with internet-based technologies and teaching tools (e.g. Blackboard and other virtual platforms and software) is a must.
- Ability to design and deliver effective e-learning courses
- Ability to engage constructively with diverse students and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex, competing demands
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to learn, change, and develop new skills and seek advice from a variety of sources
- Able to exercise judgment and take risks
- Adequate knowledge of Professional Standards and Certification bodies within the field.
- Ability to incorporate instructional technologies in the classroom.
- PhD in Respiratory Care. Credentials as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- HAAD or DHA registration – Registration in Home Country Professional Registering Body is a must (for Applicants residing out of UAE).
- Minimum of 3 years full-time teaching experience in a reputable university and Clinical / field experience in a relevant educational setting (or equivalent combination of teaching in other settings may be considered).
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org