Associate Diploma of Health Management (ADHM) degree program is an undergraduate degree program offered at Khawarizmi International College (KIC). The program aims at preparing a knowledgeable staff as health managers that can provide services in the health management sector in the United Arab Emirates, the region, and globally.
The program emphasizes in the application of information technology as a management tool in daily activities, which include program planning, program implementation and evaluation, financial management, accounting, and human resources management. Furthermore, the program is offered in conjunction with the department of Business Administration (i.e., Management concentration courses).
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Recognize health management concepts, practices and theories.
- Demonstrate proficiency of how legal and ethical issues impact the delivery of healthcare services.
- Demonstrate specific knowledge and skills in the areas of management, decision-making, communication, planning and organizing.
- Analyze the major advantages and disadvantages of an interdisciplinary healthcare delivery.
- Analyze macro and micro factors that affect healthcare organization’s performance.
- Recognize planning and evaluation methods used in planning, implementing, evaluating, and marketing of healthcare organizations.
- Effectively present concepts through oral and written communication skills in English or visually through illustrative and technical rendering.
- Evaluate and utilize appropriate investigative and research strategies, Internet sources and software applications when developing a body of work, design brief or seeking inspiration.
- Work effectively as a contributing team member respectful of cultural diversity and individual differences.
- As a KIC graduate, you will stand out among others by accumulating hands-on experience throughout your 2 years program.
- By completing designated hours of internship in cooperation with our several private and public hospitals as our partners for success, you will have the necessary skills to face real world challenges.
It is an exciting time for health management programs. Healthcare is changing more rapidly than almost any other fields in UAE as shift toward medical tourism recently. The field is changing in terms of how and where care is delivered, who is providing those services, and how that care is financed. Therefore, Health management now a days became in need for talented people to manage the changes taking place. With growing diversity in the healthcare system, health management graduates are needed in many settings, including:
- Consulting firms
- Health insurance organizations
- Healthcare associations
- Public health departments
- Universities and research institutions
- Ministry of Health and Regulatory Bodies
Careers in health management, incorporate different positions within different areas, such as:
- Government relations
- Human resources
- Information systems
- Marketing and public affairs
- Material management (purchasing of equipment and supplies)
- Medical staff relations
- Patient care services
- Planning and development
Admissions: Required Documents
- 4 recent photos (passport photo size)
- Copy of
- Valid passport
- Valid visa (For non-Nationals)
- UAE National ID Card
- High school certificate (or equivalent)
- Valid English Test
|IELTS || 5.0|
|TOEFL ITP (Amideast) || 500|
|EmSAT || 1100|
- Transfer Students: Sealed course descriptions, attested transcripts, previous degree equivalency (If Applicable), Valid IELTS/TOEFL/EMSAT with the minimum required score BEFORE the registration in the first semester of study.