The Bachelor of Health Management (BHM) degree program is an undergraduate degree program offered at Al-Khawarizmi International College (KIC). The program aims at preparing a knowledgeable staff as health managers that can provide services in the health management sector in the United Arab Emirates, the region, and globally.
The program emphasizes in the application of information technology as a management tool in daily activities, which include program planning, program implementation and evaluation, financial management, accounting, and human resources management. Furthermore, the program is offered in conjunction with the department of Business Administration (i.e., Management concentration courses).
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Identify major health care systems and their characteristics.
- Describe Healthcare Process Management to be able to respond to industry developments, reduce the risk of human error, and improve patient care.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the necessary skills needed for managing a healthcare organization.
- Formulate responses to problems in the management of a healthcare organization or delivery of care using legal and ethical principles.
- Employ current information technology and health information systems to manage, maintain, and retrieve healthcare-related data/information.
- Support skills in leadership, motivation, and team building in health management settings.
- Analyze and interpret health care data to make decisions that incorporate the importance of sustainability.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills that build cooperative working relationships in the health care profession.
- The ability to critically develop and review an argument drawing upon proper evidence, literature, and theories.
- Effectively present concepts through oral and written communication skills in English or visually through illustrative and technical rendering.
- Evaluate and utilize appropriate investigative and research strategies, Internet sources, and software applications when developing a body of work, design brief, or seeking inspiration.
- Work effectively as a contributing team member respectful of cultural diversity and individual differences.
- Establish safe working practices for self and others relative to equipment and machinery, handling of the product, disposal of materials, and relevant legislation.
- As a KIC graduate, you will stand out among others by accumulating hands-on experience throughout your 4 years program.
- By completing 400 hours of internship in cooperation with our several private and public hospitals as our partners for success, you will have the necessary skills to face real world challenges.
It is an exciting time for health management programs. Healthcare is changing more rapidly than almost any other fields in UAE as shift toward medical tourism recently. The field is changing in terms of how and where care is delivered, who is providing those services, and how that care is financed. Therefore, Health management now a days became in need for talented people to manage the changes taking place. With growing diversity in the healthcare system, health management graduates are needed in many settings, including:
- Consulting firms
- Health insurance organizations
- Healthcare associations
- Nursing homes
- Physician practices
- Mental health organizations
- Public health departments
- Rehabilitation centers
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Universities and research institutions
Careers in health management, incorporate different positions within different areas, such as:
- Government relations
- Human resources
- Information systems
- Marketing and public affairs
- Material management (purchasing of equipment and supplies)
- Medical staff relations
- Nursing administration
- Patient care services
- Planning and development
Admissions: Required Documents
- 4 recent photos (passport photo size)
- Copy of
- Valid passport
- Valid visa (For non-Nationals)
- UAE National ID Card
- High school certificate (or equivalent)
- Valid English Test
|IELTS || 5.0|
|TOEFL ITP (Amideast) || 500|
|EmSAT || 1100|
- Transfer Students: Sealed course descriptions, attested transcripts, previous degree equivalency (If Applicable), Valid IELTS/TOEFL/EMSAT with the minimum required score BEFORE the registration in the first semester of study.