- A degree in Information Technology is a certain key to success in the twenty-first century. It is virtually impossible to think of any aspect of life and business which is not impacted by changes in the field of information technology and computer science. Information technology will play a critical role in shaping the future of the UAE by preparing its workforce for innovation and research. The Bachelor of Information Technology program (BIT) at KIC will help its students to equip with fundamental as well as latest technologies to meet the IT requirements of the government and private organizations in the UAE and abroad.
- BIT program covers all major areas of information technology such as software development, web design, database development and administration, design, maintenance and administration of network, and project management. Thus, students are equipped with multiple skills to serve the society and economy, or to go for higher studies, or to set up their own startups.
- A key distinction of KIC’s BIT program is that it included specialized courses such as Artificial intelligence, Computer forensics, Internet of things, Data mining. These specialized courses provide an advantage to students to get entry in the skilled job market.
The Learning outcomes of BIT program has been prepared in compliance with the requirements of level 7 of the QF Emirates. Upon completion of the BIT program, the student will be able to:
- Critically appraise the functions, configuration, and management of the hardware and software components of computer systems and computer networks in the provision of information in an organizational context.
- Analyze, compare, and discuss the characteristics of various network technologies and the issues affecting network management and security and how to solve basic problems and perform basic troubleshooting operations on Networks and connected devices.
- Employ appropriate and latest industry-standard tools and techniques in the analysis and design and the management of projects to develop and maintain computer-based information systems that meet the requirements.
- Explain the characteristics of data, the methods used to create, organize and manipulate them efficiently and the role of databases in organizations as well as critically evaluate and justify the use of industry-standard tools to design and develop databases and web-based computer systems that incorporate business needs and requirements.
- Employ appropriate tools and techniques in the design, development and evaluation of user interfaces to meet users’ needs, incorporating appropriate graphical and multimedia data.
- Demonstrate necessary knowledge and skills in major IT disciplines in the appraisal of current principles and practices of computer-based systems development and the critical assessment of trends and possible future developments.
- Communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing through the effective use of IT presentation tools.
- Work effectively as a member of a team to accomplish common goals
- Critically apply problem-solving skills in the analysis of problems, the design of appropriate solutions and the effective evaluation of alternative solutions
- Applied leaning is the focus of the BIT program. BIT program has been designed to include courses which have high practical and industrial values. Theoretical delivery of the courses in the BIT program are supplemented with practical implementation of the concepts in the labs using latest programming languages, UML tools, databases tools, project management tools, networking tools, data mining and AI tools.
- The students in BIT program do internship in various organization to learn the latest practices adopted in the industry and apply the learned skills in developing projects to meet the completion requirement of the BIT program.
• After completing BIT program, the students will be equipped work in the government, semi government and private organizations as
- Data analyst
- Software developer
- Database analyst/developer/administrator
- Web/ e-commerce systems developer/manager
- IT project manager
- Computer and information security specialist/manager
- Network administrator/manager among other positions
Admissions: Required Documents
- 4 recent photos (passport photo size)
- Copy of
- Valid passport
- Valid visa (For non-Nationals)
- UAE National ID Card
- Health Certificate
- High school certificate (or equivalent)
- English Proficiency Certificate
|IELTS || 5.0|
|TOEFL ITP (Amideast) || 500|
|EmSAT || 1100|
- For continuing or transferred students, an official transcript and courses description are required (After opening, file procedures)