The Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Analysis degree program is an undergraduate program offered at KIC. The program aims at preparing knowledgeable, highly skilled graduates who are skilled in using up-to-date instruments and biochemical, microscopic, molecular and immunological techniques to analyze blood, tissues and other medical specimens.
Students graduating from this program will be able to contribute to services in the medical laboratory sector in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the region and globally. Furthermore, graduates will be able to apply their knowledge and skills in medical laboratory practice to provide essential information about the presence, extent, or absence of disease to physicians and other health care professionals. In addition, students will gain technical skills as well as problem solving, data analysis, computer skills and good oral and written communication skills.
Upon completion of the Medical Laboratory Analysis degree program, graduates will demonstrate relevant background and knowledge in the fields of Hematology, Transfusion Science, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology, Histopathology and advanced Molecular Biology
After graduation, students are required to meet licensing procedures to practice as determined by the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the region, globally and any other employer regulations.
The program learning outcomes are designed to be consistent with the Bachelor level 7 as defined in the UAE's Qualification Framework. Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
Acquire and interpret knowledge to apply in the medical laboratory setting.
Demonstrate knowledge of current technological advances and evidence-based medical laboratory best practice.
Acquire knowledge of the principles and safety regulations of clinical laboratory instrumentation.
Exhibit a range of technical skills to analyze clinical specimens, interpret test results, recognize and solve errors. Demonstrate ability to propose differential diagnoses in clinical cases.
Demonstrate skills in the use of standard and advanced medical laboratory instruments, information technology.
Demonstrate skills in producing appropriate documentation including reports of diagnostic results.
Effectively present concepts through oral and written communication skills in English and visually through illustrative and technical rendering. Investigate problems through systematic research and effectively disseminate findings.
Work effectively as an independent as well as a contributing team member respectful of cultural diversity and individual differences.
Establish safe working practices for self and others regarding equipment, handling of biological samples, reagent products, disposal of waste materials and relevant legislation.
- As a KIC graduate, you will stand out among others by accumulating hands-on experience throughout your 4 years program.
- By completing 400 hours of internship in cooperation with our several private and public hospitals as our partners for success, you will have the necessary skills to face real world challenges.
- Private And Public Hospitals
- National And Regional Testing Laboratories
- Chemical And Cosmetic Industries
- Local, State Or Federal Health Agencies and Research And Teaching Institutions
- Students will be eligible pursue Masters and Doctoral degrees in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
Admissions: Required Documents
- 4 recent photos (passport photo size)
- Copy of
- Valid passport
- Valid visa (For non-Nationals)
- UAE National ID Card
- High school certificate (or equivalent)
- Valid English Test
|IELTS || 5.0|
|TOEFL ITP (Amideast) || 500|
|EmSAT || 1100|
- Transfer Students: Sealed course descriptions, attested transcripts, previous degree equivalency (If Applicable), Valid IELTS/TOEFL/EMSAT with the minimum required score BEFORE the registration in the first semester of study.