Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the full-time position of Communication Manager. The position reports directly to the Director, Marketing & Communications.
The Communication Manager will work as an integral member of the Marketing team responsible for the management of the communication output for KIC. This position collaborates college-wide with all departments to ensure the proper organization of communication, establish consistent messaging content, to achieve brand consistency, as well as the highest standards of excellence for external communication related to Khawarizmi International College. This is a full time position to begin on 15 March 2021.
- Manage media services which includes the development and preservation of professional relationships with members of the media, the prompt response to media inquiries, assisting and escorting reporters on campus, the tracking of media coverage concerning the college in print and online media outlets.
- Respond to crisis communication needs in collaboration with KIC Management.
- Write, edit and proofread college-wide publications according to the high end press standards, the KIC style and usage guide, as well as a working knowledge of grammar rules and punctuation.
- Write manuals that set forth and explain college procedures
- Write and edit content for all of the internal, external, promotional and visible materials produced by KIC, including the KIC Website and social media.
- Provide support to departments when writing press releases and advertising materials for special projects and events.
- Write and edit content to support major recruitment campaigns identified by the Director of Marketing and Communication.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- The ability to deliver a high level of interactive customer service.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships, prioritize efficiently, and proactively solve problems are all required of this position.
- Must possess superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems, and Microsoft Office are also required.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-demand, deadline-driven setting, effectively cross-manage multiple projects simultaneously with a great deal of accuracy, high level of quality and keen attention to detail.
- Aware of the emerging trends within education, as well as communication technology and to stay current with other industry best practices.
- Work well with students, faculty and staff at all levels within a diverse, multi-cultural, collaborative and creative environment.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or a relevant field with minimum five years of closely related experience working with communication, media, social media, public relations or content management systems.
- Bilingual Fluency: Competently and professionally write, read, and speak English and Arabic.
- Experience writing in different styles to appeal to various audiences, and familiarity with HTML and Adobe Create Suite are preferred.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
Minimum Requirement: At least 5 years’ extensive experience in a similar role.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org