Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Director of Marketing and Communication, Students Enrollment”. The position is based in Abu Dhabi, reports to the College President.
The Director of Marketing and Communication, Students Enrollment is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive, action-oriented enrollment strategies and tactics that will position KIC as the College of choice. The Director oversees all aspects of recruitment, selection, enrollment, and retention. The Director is a member of the President’s leadership team and works collaboratively with senior leadership, faculty, and staff.
- Develops marketing plans needed to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives and lead all activities of the Marketing & Communication Department.
- Develops long-term enrollment and retention strategies and implements them to ensure each class is filled with and retains qualified students who will successfully meet the criteria upon the completion of their studies.
- Achieves the Enrollment set target in compliance with KIC policies and procedures and Ministry of Education rules and standards.
- Utilizes predictive analytics to provide enrollment forecasting and enrollment management planning. Provides market insight to drive strategic decisions and monitors national, and international enrollment trends.
- Understands enrollment management as a research-based process; initiates research studies/projects, which aid in understanding the effects and outcomes of admissions and financial aid policies and practices, and how KIC’s student life, academic culture, and learning environment impact overall enrollment.
- Prepare the annual budget for the department, which will outline the financial, human and logistics needs for the Marketing & Communication Department to function.
- Actively seek, and stays apprised of, relevant admissions information, organizations, methods and trends in admissions.
- Provides cross-divisional strategic planning for the oversight, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of institutional practices, opportunities, and policies regarding student retention and success. Sources feedback and identifies strengths, opportunities for improvement, and capacity for growth.
- Works closely with Admission and Registration Department and Student Affairs Department to ensure timely and accurate collection of data related to student retention, including attrition analysis.
- Maintains and utilizes technology to nurture and manage communication and relations with students.
- Conceptualizes and implements innovative strategies and tactics that drive market awareness and demand for the College’s programs and offerings, attracting a diverse class of high-quality applicants to KIC.
- Oversees the recruitment process for the KIC Admission Office for local, international, part-time, and transfer student admissions; ensures participation of KIC leadership in the student recruitment process.
- Identifies emerging and new markets for prospective recruiting and changing trends in student recruitment.
- Partners with the President to establish admissions standards, admissions policies, and process in alignment with MOE standards, for evaluating and making final admit/deny decisions for all applicants. Ensures systematic, efficient, and confidential handling of applications and related student information.
- Provides timely enrollment forecasting for budgeting purposes to the President, VP of Academic Affairs, VP of Admin and Finance, and Board of Trustees.
- Provides ROI analysis for enrollment efforts and associated marketing initiatives.
- Collaborates with the VP of Admin and Finance to implement scholarship program.
- Partners with VP of Finance to develop tuition and financial aid policies designed to maximize new student enrollment and current student retention; monitors trends and provides reporting on demographics of incoming student population.
- Proposes, manages and represents the college in multiple events including exhibitions and orientation days and through participating in higher education and employment events, and other relevant student, scientific and media events.
Ultimate responsibility for Marketing and Communication Department staff, their performance evaluation and opportunities for Professional development and career growth.
- Leads by example, expressing warmth and hospitality and ensuring the mission of KIC is visible in the enrollment process and demonstrating the KIC attributes to prospective families, students, faculty, staff, and College leadership.
- In addition to the essential job responsibilities, the Director of Marketing and Communication will perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or in similar advanced degree from an accredited college or university. (Master’s Degree is Preferred)
Experience, KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a similar position at a Private Higher Education Institution. UAE / GCC experience is preferred.
- Strong command of verbal and written communication in Arabic and English, and potential interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership success including the ability to motivate and lead positively through change, collaborate with others to reach common goals.
- Proven organizational management skills in complex educational settings.
- Demonstration of a positive track record with recruiting, conversion and retention.
- Proven analytical skills involving data and budgets.
- A charismatic and influential person and the ability to encourage and persuade.
- Good time- and resource-management skills.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to email@example.com