Dr. Reham Kotb
- MD, DrPH
- Head of the Health and Medical Science Department
- Abu Dhabi Campus
- PhD: Public Health, Primary Health Care, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Master: Public Health. Primary Health Care, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Bachelor: MBBCh, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt.
- Head of the health and medical sciences department, KIC, UAE
- Assistant Professor of Public Health, HIPH, Alexandria University, Egypt (till present)
- Program Chair, Master of Healthcare management, UMS, UAE.
- Adjunct Faculty, Hamdan Bin Mohamed Smart University, Dubai, UAE
- Adjunct Faculty, Canadian University, Dubai, UAE
- Adjunct Faculty, Dubai Medical College, Dubai, UAE
- Deputy head of the Quality Assurance Unit for Teaching Effectiveness, High Institute of Public Health, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Family Physician, MOH, Egypt (1999-1-2000)
- House Officer Alexandria University Hospital, Egypt (1997-1998)
- Taught diploma, Master and Doctorate courses in the HIPH, Alexandria University, Egypt.
- Taught Master and Undergraduate students in several universities in UAE
- Taught undergraduate medical students (community medicine), DMC, UAE.
- Master thesis supervision
- Participation in Academic and Program Accreditation Process in Egypt and UAE
- Member of the project PCIQA (Program of Continuous Improvement and Qualification for Accreditation in Higher Education Institutes) responsible for the teaching effectiveness standards (member of the executive team of the project) Reviewer in health and medical sciences journals
International Refereed Journals
- Demographic Profile and Pregnancy Outcomes of Adolescents and Older Mothers in Saudi Arabia: Analysis from Riyadh Mother and Baby Cohort Study (RAHMA) BMJ Open Access Journal. BMJ Open 2017 7: doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016501.
- Prevalence and Complications of Pre-gestational and Gestational Diabetes in Saudi Women: Analysis from Riyadh Mother and Baby Cohort Study (RAHMA) BioMed Research International 2017 Journal-article. DOI: 10.1155/2017/6878263
- Self-medication with drugs and complementary and alternative medicines in Alexandria, Egypt: prevalence, patterns and determinants. EMHJ, 2015, 21(4): 256-65.
- Risk of aggression and criminal tendencies among adolescents living in Alexandria Governorate. EMHJ, 2014, 20(4): 265-72.
International Conference Papers
- Integrated management of coronary diseases at risk groups via family medicine in Alexandria. 17th International Symposium on Atherosclerosis 2015, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Risk of aggression and criminal tendencies among adolescents living in Alexandria Governorate. 20th IEA World Congress of Epidemiology: Global Epidemiology in Changing Environment: the circumpolar perspective. 17-21 August 2014. Anchorage, Alaska USA.
- Prevalence and Complications of Pre-gestational and Gestational Diabetes in Saudi Women: Analysis from Riyadh Mother and Baby Cohort Study (RAHMA). RCOG World Congress 2017. Cape Town, South Africa 20-22 March 2017.
(c) Other Publications
- Handicapping conditions among children under six years in Alexandria Part I: screening and detection rate (Bulletin of HIPH 2005; 35(3):615-38).
- Handicapping conditions among children under six years in Alexandria Part II: assessment of resources (Bulletin of HIPH 2005;35(3):639-60)
|PCIQA (Program of
|One of the main team and was responsible for all the activities related to teaching effectiveness, quality of the programs, courses and methods of delivery as well as internal auditing for all these activities in preparation for accreditation of the HIPH||Ministry of
|Gender Equality in
|One of the 4 member of Alexandria
University Team partnership with Freie
University Berlin Germany
|DAAD||2011- till present|
|Training of family physicians||Trainer and responsible for daily organization||Ministry of Health and population,
- Public health research in general
- Health care planning and management
- Healthcare policy
- Healthcare Information System
- Women and child health
- Lifestyle and behavioral modifications for at risk patient
- At risk families and children
- Cancer and cancer risks, screening and epidemiology
- Quality of health care services
- Patient safety and infection control
- Rationale drug use, drug abuse
- 2017: Member of the technical committee of Innovation Arabia (IA10) Conference, HBMsU, UAE
- 2016: Member of the technical committee of Innovation Arabia (IA9) Conference, HBMsU, UAE
- 2015: 17th International Symposium on Atherosclerosis 2015, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2015: Member of the technical committee of Innovation Arabia conference, HBMsU, UAE
- 2014: Member of the technical committee of the “5th Health and Environment Conference in the Middle East: Transformation for Better Healthcare and Environment” , HBMsU, UAE
- 2014: Participant member of HBMsU Policy and Strategy Rountable “Transforming Healthcare Delivery in the Arab World”
- 2012: Participant in "6th International Conference on challenges facing health", "Alex Health", High Institute of Public Health, Alex University.
- 2010: Participant in "4th International Conference on Health, Environment and Development", "Patient Safety", High Institute of Public Health, Alex University.
- Consultant for NGOs for community outreach programs with concentration to the underprivileged populations.
- Organized and Participated in several community engagement activities in Egypt and UAE