Dr. Saad Amin
- Head of IT Department
- Abu Dhabi Campus
- BSc MPhil PGD PhD
- 8/2010 - 10/2017 Post Graduate Programmes Director and International Programme Coordinator in the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing at Coventry University, UK.
8/2006 - 8/2010 Dean of the Faculty of Informatics at the British University in Dubai, UAE
7/2008 - 7/2011 Fellow Member of the School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- 1/2009 - 12/2009 Member of the Executive Council of Dubai Government Excellence Projects.
8/2007 - 8/2009 Vice-Chairman of the British Computer Society/ Middle East section.
8/2005 - 8/2006 Associate Professor, College of Information Technology, University of Bahrain.
2/2003 - 8/2005 Computer Systems subject leader (Head of Department), Principal Lecturer in Networking, Faculty of Engineering and computing, Coventry University, UK.
- 8/1997 - 2/2003 Senior Lecturer and Quality manager at Faculty of Engineering and computing, Coventry University, UK
- SA Amin, Medical Image Segmentation Using Knowledge and Feedback, chapter in Intelligent and Adaptive systems in medicine, IOS Press, (To be published in 2017).
- M Hijji, S Amin and W Harrop. (2017) The Effectiveness of Using 'an IT System' in Capabilities Preparedness for Flood Risk Management, chapter in Flood Risk Management", chapter 15, ISBN 978-953-51-5526-3.
- M Alhemairy, M Alahmad, A Serhani, and S Amin. (2017) Integrated and Scalable Architecture for Providing Cost-Effective Remote Health Monitoring [IS-ARM] chapter in Technology for Smart Futures. pp 113-14, ISBN 978-3-319-60136-6.
- SA Amin, A Al-Raisi, (2013) E-Performance Systems: A Method of Measuring Performance, chapter in Web Portal Design, Implementation, Integration, and Optimization, edit Jane Polar, IGI Global.
Awards & Recognition
- Alahmad M., Alhemairy M., and Amin S. A Novel Algorithm for fast disease detection based on vital signs. US Patent no. : 62/377,223. Registered on 19 August 2016.
- Alahmad M., Alhemairy M., and Amin S. A Novel Integrated and Scalable Architecture for Remote Health Monitoring. US Patent no. : 15/395,121 Registered on December 30, 2016.
- Forensic Computing, Distributed computing, Image Processing, Parallel Processing, Systolic Arrays, Parallel Algorithms, Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI), Neural network, e-health, Health Informatics, Biomedical Computing, Biomedical Applications,.