Dr. Yusra Elobaid Abdelatif
- Assistant Professor
- Health & Medical Sciences
- Abu Dhabi Campus
- Phd Medicine and Health Sciences (Public Health)
- Assistant Professor- Khawarizmi International College
- Assistant Professor- Abu Dhabi University
- Post-Doctoral Associate- New York University- Abu Dhabi
- Instructor- United Arab Emirates University
Publications & Conferences
- Elobaid, Y., Aw, TC., Lim, J., Hamed, S., Grivna, M. (2016). Breast cancer stigma and silence: a qualitative study. Population Health-SSM.
- Elobaid, Y., Al Hamiz, A., Abdulle, A., Sherman, S., Hayes, R., Ali, R. (2016). Perceptions and Attitudes towards Medical Research in the United Arab Emirates: Results from the Abu Dhabi Cohort Study (ADCS): focus group discussions. PLOSONE
- Elobaid, Y., Aw, TC., Grivna, M., Nagelkerke, N. (2014). Breast cancer screening awareness and practice among UAE women. PLOS one http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0105783
- Loney, T., Aw, T., Handysides, D. G., Ali, R., Blair, I., Grivna, M., Shah, S. M., Elobaid, Y., et al. (2013). Public health issues, Glob Health Action, 1–8.
RESEARCH INVOLVED WITH:
- Gastric Cancer Histology Patterns Research Project (Oesophageal-Gastric- Pancreatic- Colon)-UAE University- Dr. Luai Ahmed (Associate Professor, Public Health Institute, College of Medicine, UAE University.
- Breast- Cervical- Colorectal Cancer Screening Research- UAE university- Prof. Fatma Al Maskari (Professor, Public Health Institute, College of Medicine, UAE University).
- Tobacco Cessation Project- NY University- Dr. Raghib Ali (Public Health Research Center NYU Abu Dhabi).
- Physical Activity and health: current issues and research needs in the UAE- Dr. Tom Loney, Ms. Rowaa Elobaid, Dr. Sayed Shah- Public Health Institute, College of Medicine, UAE University
- Summer 2015 Summer Undergraduate Research Experiences (SURE) Program (mixed method research involving 10 medical students)
- Spring 2015 Ministry of Culture, Youth and Community Development (UAE), the UAE Youth Empowerment Strategy and Implementation Plan (Analysis project of youth health in the UAE)
- Health behaviour.
- Breast cancer.
- Smoking addiction.
- Physical Activity and obesity.
- 03 7087763