Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “IT System Administrator”. The position reports to the Head of IT Services Department, and joining date will be on 22nd June 2021.
The IT System Administrator will be responsible for the System Administration and IT Infrastructure. His duty includes maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers, software and computer installations and upgrades, and participation in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of the College.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining servers, network, software and hardware.
- Overseeing system performance and troubleshooting issues;
- Creating a backup and safeguarding the data if there are any hindrances;
- Performing system upgrades following new releases;
- Performing account setup and workstation
- Sustaining network integrity, server deployment, and security;
- Monitoring and maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways and intrusion detection systems; and
- Ensuring high-level security and efficiency resulting in 100% output
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge in OS, Server, Windows & Network Deployment & System Application’s
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issue’s
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Advance Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (oral, writing and reading)
- Ability to understand complex regulations, specifications and other information and to communicate these clearly to a wider audience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to guide, influence and persuade colleagues at all levels
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills and the ability to apply them to a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure with self-initiatives
- Ability to manage complex, competing demands
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to learn, change, and develop new skills and seek advice from a variety of sources.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Proficiency with internet-based technologies and teaching tools (e.g. Blackboard and other virtual platforms and software)
- Good skills in computer networks, MS Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in using Google suite applications (Gmail, GoogleDrive)
- Bachelors in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Professional Certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is an advantage).
- Proven experience of 3 years in the UAE and GCC as a System Administrator.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org