Khawarizmi International College (KIC) invites applications for the position of “Librarian” at Al Ain Campus. The position reports to the Head of Learning Resources Centre (Library) and joining date will be on 16th January, 2023.
The Librarian acquires, organizes, manages, and distributes the library resources at a college, work with students and academics as well as other library staff, provide support to members of an academic community including students, researchers and lecturing staff.
- Perform all Learning Resource Centre related administrative duties, prepare reports and letters relating to the affairs of the library.
- Monitor supplying the library with Arabic and foreign books.
- Ensure that there are no unwanted books through searching the library system.
- Contact publishing houses to request quotations for books that must be bought from both inside and outside the UAE in coordination with the Procurement and Logistics Services Department.
- Order books to be shipped to the college after the Head of Library and Information Services has selected an appropriate quotation.
- Ensure, upon arrival of the books, that their titles and prices match the appropriate quotation.
- Classify, catalogue and register books, references and periodicals into the library system.
- Attach barcodes and colored stripes onto library materials, and stamp them using the appropriate library stamp after they have been sorted and catalogued, in order to be appropriately shelved.
- Guide and assist library visitors in finding required references easily.
- Organize book borrowing through creating a user name and a password for each book borrower (e.g. student, faculty member or administrative employee) in the library system, and teaching them how to log in to and use the system, and make best use of library services.
- Contact book borrowers who have exceeded their time limit to return borrowed materials.
- Assist in sorting the textbooks belonging to the college colleges and departments in order to replace missing textbooks.
- Order stationery items from the college warehouses or stationery suppliers.
- Catalogue and classify the library books.
- Train the college community on using the library.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head of Learning Resources Centre when needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Arabic speaker with excellent English level.
- Good conversation and communication skills.
- High level of analytical and reporting system skills.
- Demonstrates evidence of ability to manage multiple and varied tasks.
- Strong knowledge of college Library policies and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of student/customer focused environment.
- Good knowledge of Library Management systems.
- Good understanding of data protection, security and accuracy issues.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling highly sensitive matters.
- The ability to solve urgent problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library & Information Sciences.
- Proficiency in library software suites, and databases.
- Preferably with 2 years’ relevant work experience in a higher education setting in the library.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org