Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Professional Photographer Instructor, Mass Communication Department”. The position reports to the Head of Mass Communication (MC), and joining date will be from Spring Semester of Academic year 21/22. The joining date will be 13th February 2022.
The Professional Photographer Instructor will be responsible for interpreting and implementing the creative vision, provide training & assistance to students with imaging techniques, understand and maintain best practices to achieve remarkably high standards of images, and maintaining agreed competencies within the studio that are consistent to the mission of the course and the College.
- Responsible for interpreting and implementing creative vision.
- Provide training, assisting, supervising and directing students in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Execute standard photography operation procedures including image editing techniques, tools, processes and guidelines.
- Create contents with an exceptional range of creative, technical, and documentary imagery.
- Keep equipment up to date, organized, and maintained.
- Utilize up-to-date knowledge of product trends and photography/imaging technology to enhance product photo presentation.
- Shoot all practices in accordance with the course guidelines.
- Obtain briefs from Digital and Graphics and execute the shoot to the required standard.
- Help in developing students’ knowledge to achieve a successful shooting project.
- Undertake site walks on an ad-hoc basis and report findings and areas of development to the HOD.
- Drive towards continuous improvement and creative solutions.
- Effectively participate in the departmental functions, assessment of student learning outcomes and in the Accreditation process of the program.
- Cooperate fully with the Head of the Department in providing advice and proposals in all matters that will serve the best interests of the College, the students and the community.
- Participate in staff development / programs and workshops.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High level of competency in shooting high-end still life photos.
- Strong technical photographic knowledge and artistic ability.
- Ability to provide training to students on imaging techniques.
- Ability to use cameras and photo editing software.
- Ability to use appropriate software and technology in the learning environment.
- A high regard for student potential and an ability to provide opportunities for students to develop and succeed.
- Knowledge of current best practices in photography.
- Pedagogical expertise (theory of practice for teaching and assessment).
- Proficiency with internet-based technologies and teaching tools (e.g., Blackboard and other virtual platforms and software) is a must.
- Ability to deliver effective e-learning courses.
- Ability to engage constructively with diverse students and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Excellent priority and time management skills.
- Ability to manage complex, competing demands.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to learn, change, and develop new skills and seek advice from a variety of sources.
- Ability to exercise judgment and take risks.
- Adequate knowledge of Professional Standards and Certification bodies within the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Photography or any relevant field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven photography experience, in a newspaper, news website and/or in media organization.
- Professional certification in Photography and Digital Image Processing will be an advantage.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org