Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Simulation Lab Supervisor”. The position reports to the Head of Health & Medical Sciences (HMS), and joining date will be from Fall Semester of the coming Academic year 21/22. Joining date will be on 26th August 2021.
The Simulation Lab Supervisor will be responsible for providing technical support for all simulation operations, including but not limited to maintenance and repair of computer mannequins (software and hardware), supervising and and assisting the students clinical training in the simulation lab.
- Supervise and manage the RC and EMC simulation laboratories.
- Understand the use and operation of different simulator technology.
- Serve as simulator operator running pre-programmed scenarios with faculty instructors, assuring all equipment is set up for course programs.
- Support/assist in role playing applications.
- Provide technical assistance, support and training to faculty, instructors and staff in use of simulation equipment, as necessary.
- Effectively participate in the Accreditation process of the programs.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and conduct routine inventory updates.
- Provide recommendations for budgeting and purchase of equipment, supplies and materials.
- Conduct ongoing maintenance of all simulation equipment, including cleaning, repairing, assuring that all equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
- Maintain record of repairs required and completed.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and system problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of simulation equipment catalogs and operation manuals
- Participate in technical training as necessary.
- Assist with special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Assist in equipment budgeting.
- Assist faculty with the development of new skills modules.
- Trainings in the CME unit related to EMC and RC and quality assurance of the delivery content
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment, complies with college health and safety policies, practices, and programs in keeping with occupational health & safety protocols.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of patient simulation, technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to simulator functions.
- Knowledge of audio/video equipment and software for recording, duplication, mixing and editing
- Ability to prepare and organize simulation laboratory and demonstration materials
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot, and fix equipment failures in a timely manner.
- Ability to anticipate and effectively adapt to changes in programs requirements and methodology.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Proficiency in MS software applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Internet and database applications. ∙ Ability to learn new software and hardware quickly and independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding job assignments and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work with internal and external individuals from different disciplines and different levels of training.
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Pedagogical expertise (theory of practice for teaching and assessment)
- Proficiency with internet-based technologies and teaching tools (e.g. Blackboard and other virtual platforms and software) is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skill
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment
- Ability to learn, change, and develop new skills and seek advice from a variety of sources
- Able to exercise judgment and take risks
- Adequate knowledge of Professional Standards and Certification bodies within the field.
- Ability to incorporate instructional technologies in the classroom.
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, EMT/ Paramedic, Biomedical)
- Certification/ Diploma in Healthcare Simulation Education
- 2 to 3 years experience in simulation lab is mandatory.
- Having appropriate clinical field background
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to email@example.com