Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Student Affairs Officer.” The position reports to the Head of Student Affairs.
The Student Affairs Officer will be responsible in planning, administering, and overseeing programs in the College that help in overall development of the students. He will also be responsible in providing support, guidance and building rewarding relationships with students. This is a full-time position, based in Abu Dhabi and to begin on 22 August 2022.
- Respond to student inquiries and refer them to the relevant
- To be a focal point of all communication with students related to announcement of timetables, classes cancellation/class rescheduling and all types of notifications.
- Perform a regular follow up on students’ attendance, send absence notifications and implement the deprived list as per the policies.
- Coordinate the internship applications, receives CVs, and coordinate with the academic departments.
- Contribute to the retention efforts addressed to at-risk students and coordinate the drop out requests.
- Coordinate the financial aid requests for students struggling financially and escalate each case to the concerned committee.
- Provide timely and updated report to department head especially on critical cases.
- Engage in organizing all department activities and events such as graduation ceremonies, global day, talents week, fresher’s orientation day and other events organized by SA department.
- Any additional tasks and duties that may be assigned by the Head of Student Affairs.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (oral, writing and reading)
- Good skills in MS Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of using Google suite applications (Outlook, Shared Drive)
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective reporting skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work effectively in multicultural community
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in any field.
REQUIRED: Three years of proven experience as Student Affairs Officer or in a similar position.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org