Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Studio Technician” The position reports to the Head of Mass Communication.
The Studio Technician will be responsible in providing technical support for Mass Communication students as well as operating cameras, performing, and managing stage. The position holder will work directly with Mass Communication Faculty members to satisfy all production requests under the supervision of the teaching faculty member. This is a full-time position, based in Al Ain and to begin on 22 August 2022.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Responsible for ensuring that area-related studio needs, workshops, and labs are met in a manner that allows them to operate professionally, efficiently, and within their allocations means.
- Setup, operate, and maintain the electronic equipment inside the studio.
- Efficiently running the Mass Communication courses technical practices and demonstrations inside the studio.
- Assist students in successfully completing their projects in accordance with each subject requirement.
- Inventory of materials, supplies, tools, and equipment, along with reporting as required.
- Additional tasks may be delegated as per requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proficient in the setup, operation and maintenance of TV studio, control room and production equipment, including Studio and Field Cameras, sound and lighting equipment, graphics and lighting board.
- Proficient in Studio Switchers.
- Proficient in Final Cut video editing software.
- Proficient in studio graphics and sound software.
- Professional integrity, and high observance of social and ethical controls and standards
- Professional student-centric approach to learning
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (oral, writing and reading)
- Good skills in MS Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective reporting skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work effectively in multicultural community
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in relevant field.
REQUIRED: Minimum 2 years of proven experience as Studio Technician or in a similar position.
Candidates meeting the aforementioned requirements may send the updated resume to email@example.com